Monday, May 17, 2010
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Looks like these folks are from our neck of the woods.
This hill is a lot steeper than it looks in this picture.
In January, Jeremy and I took a ski trip to Steamboat Springs, CO. We love to ski, but haven't been in 5 years, so we were so excited when our friends, David and Jill asked us to go with them. They said it had been awhile since they had been skiing too, so we thought we'd all be skiing at the same level. Not so. David and Jill are actually REALLY good and seriously downplayed that fact when we had this discussion on our way up the mountain. So, we didn't do a whole lot of skiing together, but we still had a great time. It was fun to escape reality for a week, brush up on our ski skills, and get to know some new friends.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
1. Started your own blog (well, technically Suzanne started my blog for me, but I update it.)
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business - does Pampered Chef count?
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt - started one, but never finished it.
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
Monday, December 8, 2008
"Let me show you how this works, Quinn"
Incrediblock from Daddy and Mommy.
Shop and go walking toy from Nana and Pa.
Most of his presents - I think a few are missing from the picture - Sorry!
"There we go - that's what I'm talking about!"
"Oooohhh, that is good! Only thing wrong with it is that it's too small. Give me a real piece - I mean, who's birthday is this?"
Let's try a cupcake first.
"What is this and what do I do with it?"
A Big Bird Birthday Party!
I think if we had kept at it, we could have gotten a cute picture because it's such a cute scene with the pumpkins. Unfortunately, this was while we were packing up to go home and we couldn't spend the time necessary to get the perfect shot.
This was the best picture I got of the boys this fall. I don't even care that Quinn's not smiling. I'm just glad he's not crying or crawling away or sucking his paci - I could keep going of all the things he could be doing that would make for a not so cute picture. I'm choosing to be thankful for the picture I got - you gotta be with three little boys!
Papa with his boys.
Mimi with the birthday boy.
Uncle Terry found a huntin' buddy!
Keller and Anna Bekah having some down time.
For a boy, there's nothing better than going exploring in the woods.
"I can't see any deer! Everything's so little!"
Uncle Terry and Jared carving the smoked turkeys. They were soooo good!
They take turns sleeping on the top.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Me and my new friend Audra.
Game night - we had 16 people playing Cranium. It was a blast!
Lindsey and I went kayaking.
I rode a horse named Schadoosh. What a name, huh? I loved it - riding is so relaxing!
Rachelle and I getting ready to go down the zip-line.
Quinn was being uncooperative, so I got the big boys by themselves.
No smile, but no tears either!
Creston had a ball playing on the rope swing!
Riding the go-carts was Keller's favorite activity.
Quinn is already an avid reader.
Creston's getting the hang of riding his tricycle.
Quinn playing in a baby bounce house at a birthday party.
Keller, Creston, and our new friend Landri at a pumpkin party!
Keller loved taking a ride in Papa's canoe.
Fun's over........it stopped raining.
Two happy soaked little boys.
Gettin' a drink.
Look how wet I am........my bellybutton is filling up with water!
Stopping a minute to catch his breath.
The boys love spending time at Papa's cabin. It's a boys' heaven! These pictures were taken in June 2008 - very spur of the moment. We were sitting on the deck when it started raining and the boys ran out to splash in puddles and catch raindrops on their tongues. We also went for a canoe ride and went blackberry picking. Oh, the simple pleasures of being a child!