Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Keller's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Creston's ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Quinn's ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The faith of a child

We're so excited it snowed!  You can tell by Creston's outerwear that we don't have much opportunity to play in snow.  The only waterproof jacket we could find was a raincoat!
Our friend, the snowman. 
The big boys had a snowball fight. 
Introducing Quinn to the snow. 

Keller starting asking around October when it was going to snow.  After a couple of days, I suggested he talk to God about sending some snow to Texas.  It is against the laws of nature for Texas to have snow, so God is the only one who could make it happen.  I heard him praying about it one day, and when he was finished, he said, "God said yes Mommy.  He's going to make it snow."  I thought to myself, "Great, my plan to have him talk to God has backfired.  Now, because he asked God for it to snow, he is expecting it to happen.  How am I supposed explain it to him when God doesn't send snow to Texas?"  Fast forward 5 months to March.  Winter is over, we have started to see the early signs of spring, and I'm putting off having that talk with Keller. When all of a sudden, in mid-March, it starts snowing.  I was in complete disbelief.  I picked up Keller from school an hour later and it was still snowing.  He was beside himself with excitement. He said, "Mommy, did you see it snowing?"  I said, "Yes, Keller I see the snow!  Can you believe it?"  He said, "Yes I can, Mommy.  I told you God was going to send us some snow."  He knocked the breath out of me with those words.  I had a lesson in faith that day.  Keller never doubted that God would answer his prayer.  I did because God had taken so long to answer.  But maybe that's why God waited until spring to send the snow - to remind me to have faith like a child.  Like my child.  We had an absolute blast playing in the snow.  We made a snowmen, snowangels, and had a snowball fight.  We pushed loads of it around in dump trucks. We made bootprints in it, we ate it, and finally watched it melt.  Thank you God for such a fun day in the snow and for using Keller to give me a lesson in faith. 

No comments: