Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Keller's ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Creston's ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Quinn's ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Peru trip in a nutshell






Hello again!  You'll probably hear from me more than once a day until I get you caught up on the past year and a half.  I'll start with my trip to Peru since the one and only post asked you to pray for while I was there.  I think it goes without saying that this was the most phenomenal and life changing mission trip I've ever been on.  We visited 15 villages in 5 days and witnessed to hundreds of spiritually hungry Peruvians.  In a week I got a tour of the Andes mountains, saw the majesty of God in the landscape like I never have before, made some lifelong friends, and fell in love with an entire people group.  I spent Father's Day with my dad at 5,000 feet sharing the love of Christ.  It was incredible and will be very hard to top.  I had many firsts while I was there.  I went to sleep to the sound of a loudly braying donkey, I went 5 days with no shower and no real bathroom, I slept under the stars with my dad, I rode around in a truck at extremely high altitudes on a road the width of a phonebook, I hiked around a mountain at altitudes up to 11,600 feet, I led my first person to Christ, and I did all this while 16 weeks pregnant!  Glory to God for giving me the desire to go, the strength and endurance to physically do what was required of me, for protecting me and my baby while we were there, and for giving me so many once in a lifetime experiences. 
I don't know how to write under each picture, so I'll briefly describe them and hopefully you can figure out what's what.  The first one is a picture of me sitting on a rock with the Andes mountains behind me in Huangascar, our first stop.  The second is the view out my window as we were driving up the mountain.  This is proof that a team of angels accompany each team up the mountain.  They surround the trucks so they don't fall off the side! The next one is of the hotel Huangascar.  The next is the caravan of trucks on our way up.  We made a quick stop becasue one of the trucks overheated due to the fact that 2 wheel drive truck can't take such an intense hike up a mountain.  The last picture is of our team, which included my dad, Gene Magee, Thom Carrigan, Pam Kennedy, me, and our Peruvian translators, Aldo, Julio, and Pilar. 

No comments: